Monday, October 20, 2008

Supplication in the Night Prayer



Ibn 'Abbas, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:
When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) got up during the night to pray, he used to say:

O Allah, to You be the praise; You are the Light of the heavens and the earth. To You be the praise; You are the Supporter of the heavens and the earth. To You be the praise; You are the Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is therein. You are the Truth; Your promise is True, the meeting with You is True, Paradise is true, Hell is true, the Hour is true. O Allah, I submit to You; affirm my faith in You; repose my trust in You, and I return to You for repentance; by Your help I have disputed; and to You I have come for decision, so forgive my earlier and later sins, the sins that I committed in secret and openly. You are my Lord. There is no god but You.



{ Sahih Muslim
}

No comments: